Sunday, August 8, 2010

Home sweet home- away from home

We finally got our house! We are so happy to be getting settled and to have so much space. We moved in on Friday, got a small shipment of some of our own things (Della and Morgan are loving their toys), and borrowed some furniture until ours arrives later this month. Our house is two levels, three bedrooms, three baths, has a large kitchen, and Rob and I have a large walk-in closet. And we have NEW carpet- a hot commodity when you're living in base housing. We have all major appliances and a considerable amount of storage space. We also have two great outdoor spaces for the girls and Scuffy when she gets here. There is a park and little burger joint just down the road- it's great. Can't wait to have company!



 I drove the van for the first time yesterday, which was a lot of fun. It's a little disorienting, but it is fun to take on a new challenge and adventure. For dinner last night, we went to the bowling ally. We were pleasantly surprised to find that they have an amazing, authentic Thai restaurant. I guess bowling may become a new family pastime. There's nothing like eating spicy Thai while bumper bowling! Today (Sunday) we are planning to go into Fussa for a festival- we'll tell you all about it later! Much love. Sayonara. 

2 comments:

Brittny said...

That looks awesome!! Have you put together Della's kitchen yet? Wait, dumb question since you just got your house! After having Brandon gone for a month, and hating it, even though we saw him for a few days, I'm really interested in where you and Wendi are now. Go figure! So keep everything coming! I'll be asking lots of questions over the next several months. Tell everyone hello! Oh, one final question, what is the weather like there? May seem random but I always like to imagine what it feels like when I hear what they are up to. I'm out!

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Sarah this is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

I am trying to figure out though how "stuff" gets to Japan faster than Turkey? What's with THAT?

We are hoping for UB on the 28th. HHG? Ugh. Who knows.

So excited you have a great house and that Scuff can come too!