Sunday, August 22, 2010

Konnichiwa! We've been doing well since our last posting. We had a great weekend last weekend. We took the train to a city nearby called Tachikawa, where we perused an amazing shopping center. Everything about this shopping center was impressive. It was kind of like an American department store but so much nicer. One entire floor was dedicated to a variety of restaurants, including a French bistro. We had a hard time deciding where to eat because everything looked so good... and was SO expensive! The shopping center had the most beautiful grocery store on the lower level. It is hard to convey exactly what I mean by that, but there were cases and cases of all kinds of fresh fish, shrimp, octopus, crabs, and squid. We saw a large cut of fish that was over $400.00. I wanted to take pictures, but they had no photography signs posted everywhere. I can't wait to go back. The pictures here are of grapes and watermelon from a different store (where I wasn't supposed to take pictures either, I found that out after the fact).
 

The grapes were $10 a bunch and the watermelons were $15 each. Crazy! 


We spent more time at home this week since Rob is back to work, and we are currently sharing one vehicle. We are looking at getting a second car and I'm partial to the Nissan Cube. They are new in the U.S. but they have been available in Japan since the late 90's. They have really cute colors here. I don't think I would drive one at home, but it would be fun to have a really Japanese car while we're here... Rob still needs convincing! This article sold me on it. http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/31/automobiles/autoreviews/31nissan.html?_r=1 I guess I like cars with personality- the Mini Cooper- case and point!



Tomorrow I am off with the girls to Tokyo for their modeling audition. We are taking the base bus to the New Sanno military hotel. We will then make our way to the subway to meet our agency representative. After the audition, we will go back to the hotel to spend the night. It should be a fun adventure and a little vacation! Wish us luck!

No comments: