Sorry for the silence! We finally got all of our things last Thursday- just over a week ago, so we have been spending most of our time unpacking and getting settled. It is so nice to finally sleep in our own bed. Not that Rob and I are actually sleeping much- Morgan is still waking up every couple of hours (shouldn’t she be sleeping through the night by now!?) and Rob has been working 24 hour shifts every three days at the Urgent Care clinic while his colleague is on vacation.
Anyway, our things fit nicely in our house. We left quite a bit behind, so it seems we have just what we need. The girls have their toys now and they are loving it. I set up a large play area in the family room just off the kitchen where I can see them while I’m cooking- it’s perfect. Della seems to have grown up quite a bit just since our things arrived. She is playing on her own in her room and in her play area, and when I tell her it’s time to clean up she usually says OK! Amazing. She is showing remarkable creative and imaginative play- it’s really fun to see. Morgan can’t keep her eyes off Della, and it’s easy to see that she doesn’t want to be left behind by her big sister. They play together a lot and Della has taken on a very helpful role. She’s helping with Morgan’s diapers, baths, and she can’t wait to feed her- she will be starting solid foods in a few weeks. Morgan is really close to sitting up, but she isn’t rolling yet- I think she’s too heavy! She is still pretty easy going (except at 2am when she just seems to want to hang out with her catatonic mother) and she squeals REALLY loudly when she is exited. It can be pretty hard to keep her quiet, which can be funny when we are out and about in ever quiet Japan.
Right now Rob and Della are taking the train to her first modeling shoot for Combi mini. I drove them to the train station at about 8:30 this morning. The trip should take them about an hour and a half. I wanted to go, but it seemed too difficult to do this all day outing with Morgan. Instead, Morgan and I are currently taking the bus to the New Sanno hotel (one of my favorite things to do here), and Rob and Della will meet us there later this afternoon. Della has another shoot tomorrow morning, so we’ll spend the night at the Sanno so that the trip in the morning is really short. We’ll all go to that shoot, so I am excited about that. I’ll write more and post some pictures once we’ve done the shoots and have some stories to tell. Take care- missing everyone and the States everyday!!
1 comment:
So glad your stuff is there and can't wait to hear about the shoot!
Post a Comment